Improving school access and quality of education amongst children receiving education support through PLAEP: Through access to quality education Children are empowered with the requisite lifelong knowledge and skills that enhances their access to opportunities and income which invariably reduces poverty.
Scan Me to Donate
- Our Programmes -
A dedicated school counselor offers individual counseling to help students resolve personal or interpersonal problems. Small group counseling is also offered to help students enhance listening and social skills, learn to empathize with others, Cope with school or community-related violence, and trauma and find social support through healthy peer relationships.
Life Skills Development
We are dedicated to raising students’ academic standards and levels as well as their spiritual, moral, social, and cultural understanding as they progress through Musonda School. This enables each of our pupils the chance to develop a solid sense of self, a feeling of place and purpose, and the self-assurance to explore and question who they are in the world. Additionally, it gets them ready for life’s great challenges to come.
Community day care centres
The day care centres provide an early learning environment for young children to engage in age appropriate, language-rich activities and social interactions to stimulate social attachments, physical and intellectual abilities as they progress to grade one. Two centres have been established in Mufuchani and Musonda communities of Kitwe with over 60 learners.
Adult literacy programmes
The adult literacy programme was introduced to address the low adult literacy levels in the community. PLAEP shares the view that illiteracy is both the cause and the effect of many social challenges and has a profound socio-economic impact on low-income households and further perpetuates a vicious cycle of poverty due to lack of skills to sustain production or gain them formal employment.
The programme aims at providing the learners with functional literacy and numeracy skills. A combination of interactive and participatory teaching-learning methods is employed during literacy classes, including problem-solving, role play (simulations) storytelling, and group discussions.
Get in touch to find out how you can support us
We need your help to do more.
Your donation will positively impact the learners in the following ways:
- Decrease their short-term hunger
- Increase their attendance and performance at school
- Enhance their ability to learn
- Nutritious meals will assist in building their immune systems especially during this COVID-19 pandemic
- Increase their energy resulting in improved concentration in the classroom
- Decreasing the dropout rate of the learners at school
- Provide peace of mind to the learners’ parents/guardians who are unable to afford to provide their children with nutritious meals while at home.
- Will allow the children to grow to their full potential resulting in productive citizens, who will, in turn, contribute to our nation’s economy